Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, a nationally recognized, award-winning CLE organization, is seeking candidates for the full-time position of Program Attorney.
Program attorneys are responsible for designing, coordinating and evaluating continuing legal education seminars utilizing a variety of delivery methods. They collaborate with attorneys and other professionals (both internally and externally) to develop, manage and market continuing legal education seminars and products.
- Designs and develops content for in-person and online seminars
- Oversees and assists with seminars at our conference center, webcast studio and other venues
- Recruits course planners and presenters
- Tracks and analyzes legal developments and trends to identify areas of educational opportunity
- Collaborates with staff for effective project outcomes
- Plans and facilitates effective meetings, both on- and off-site
- Communicates effectively with volunteers to develop and present seminars
- Drafts promotional copy and creates marketing plans for seminars
- Handles day-to-day communication and cooperation with an experienced staff of non-attorney specialists
- Oversees staff to ensure volunteer speakers' timely compliance with commitments
- Evaluates results and analyzes data to assess new seminar directions or designs
- Works to enhance the educational experience for members of the Minnesota bench and bar
- Must be a licensed attorney in good standing
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to ask questions and distill information across various practice areas
- Must be comfortable dealing directly with attorneys, judges and bar leaders with the ability to motivate and persuade diplomatically
- Must be able to run efficient and productive meetings
- Must have ability to maintain constructive long-term relationships
- Must be sensitive to organizational and interpersonal dynamics
- Must be able to prioritize tasks within multiple projects on different timelines
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TO APPLY: Your application should include a letter of interest, resume, and a one- to two-page answer to the question: "What are the characteristics of a high-quality continuing legal education seminar?" If you require a reasonable accommodation in the employment application process, please contact Lise Wall at 651-254-2121, or by email or mail to address listed below. Send application items to HR@minncle.org (or via USPS to Lise Wall, Minnesota CLE, 2550 University Ave W, Suite 160-S, Saint Paul, MN 55114) by February 14, 2020.