Tuesday, June 23, 2020
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Five members of the Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association (MHBA) will reflect on their individual journeys to become lawyers and judges in Minnesota. You will learn about the challenges they faced and what motivated them to persevere. You will also hear about their current work and the work of the MHBA, as well as the challenges that remain to increase diversity and inclusion in the legal profession.
The presentation will include a screening of the 30-minute documentary film Someone Like Me Can Do This produced by the MHBA.
– Bryan R. Browning; Bassford Remele; Minneapolis
– Judge Leonardo Castro; Second Judicial District; Minneapolis
– Aleida Ortega Conners; Cargill; Minneapolis
– Mara Garcia Kaplan; Target Corp.; Minneapolis
– Jorge Saavedra; The Saavedra Law Firm, PLLC; Minneapolis
Originally presented February 11, 2019
Minnesota CLE has applied to the Minnesota State Board of CLE for 2.0 elimination of bias credits. The maximum number of total credits you may claim for attending this program is 2.0 credits.
Depending on the jurisdiction in which you practice, you may or may not be able to claim credit for viewing this on demand seminar. Please check with your licensing agency for accreditation information.