To claim CLE credit, view by: June 3, 2021
Note that Minnesota-licensed attorneys may earn up to 15 hours of their 45-hour requirement each reporting period by viewing on demand seminars. Depending on the jurisdiction in which you practice, you may or may not be able to claim credit for viewing this on demand seminar. Please check with your licensing agency for accreditation information.
Originally presented: April 15, 2019 | Course length: 6.5 hours
Welcome & Introduction to Hypothetical (15 MINUTES)
– Brenna M. Galvin, Course Chair; Maser, Amundson, Boggio, Hendricks, P.A.; Richfield
Estate Planning for Clients with Long-Term Needs (45 MINUTES)
Health care directives; POLST; Nonspousal POAs; POA’s with gifting; Spousal omission wills and trusts.
– Jill M. Sauber; Chestnut Cambronne P.A.; Minneapolis
Eligibility and Asset Reduction (120 MINUTES)
This session will cover in detail categorical eligibility, financial eligibility, and asset reduction methods for elderly clients.
– Lauren L. Fink; Maser, Amundson, Boggio, Hendricks, P.A.; Richfield
– Leah R. Gilbert; Gilbert Legal, P.L.L.C.; Waconia
Veterans Benefits (60 MINUTES)
Learn what affects eligibility for veterans in the medical assistance process, including nonservice connected pensions, service connected disability, and how your clients can qualify for Minnesota veteran housing.
– Brenna M. Galvin
Annuity Planning (60 MINUTES)
Medicaid compliant annuities; Gift annuities; How to review an annuity contract; Beneficiary designations.
– Mark L. Anderson; Schmitz, Schmidt & Anderson, P.A.; Saint Paul
Applying for Medical Assistance and Elderly Waivers (30 MINUTES)
MNCHOICES; Submission Verifications; Approval; Budget; Renewals.
– Jessica L. Lindstrom; Long, Reher, Hanson & Price, P.A.; Minneapolis
– Kari Shogren; Long, Reher, Hanson & Price, P.A.; Minneapolis
Administrative Appeals (30 MINUTES)
An overview of the administrative appeals process, including timing, appearing before a Human Services judge, and appeals to state court.
– Laura J. Zdychnec; Long, Reher, Hanson & Price, P.A.; Minneapolis
Estate Recovery (30 MINUTES)
How to read a claim; What must be paid; When the community spouse dies first; When the institutionalized spouse dies first.
– Amber M. Hildebrandt; Brouse, Woodke & Hildebrandt P.L.L.P.; Bemidji
Other discounts that may apply:
Need-based scholarships are available for in-person and online seminars. For further information or to obtain a scholarship application, contact us at 800-759-8840 or email@example.com.
Minnesota CLE has applied to the Minnesota State Board of CLE for 6.5 standard CLE credits. The maximum number of total credits you may claim for attending this program is 6.5 credits.
Depending on the jurisdiction in which you practice, you may or may not be able to claim credit for viewing this on demand seminar. Please check with your licensing agency for accreditation information.